Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The End Is Near: O.S. 510

Yes I mean it this time. As I told Raees, this is the week for the end of this long journey. I have made a new harness for the drivers side and a lap belt for the passenger. I used some thin bandage tape for the belt material and the buckles are P.E. parts from Detail Master. It's suppose to be a 5 point cam type set, but the belt material supplied seemed to be pretty old. It looks like masking tape, but on backing paper. When I tried to take the tape off it ripped or was stuck really good to the backing paper, utterly useless. Anyway, it didn't look anywhere near to what a harness or even a lap belt would look like in a real car. I used a black sharpie to "dye" the tape. It actually took me a couple of hours to make these, but it's well worth it in the end. There are a few details that I have left and then I can finally call this one done.





Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment