Monday, January 23, 2012

New Kits: 2012 Kick Off...

I have never shared (on here) any of the new kits that I add the my ever growing collection. I have enough kits to last me a couple of lifetimes. It's no 1000+ kits like I have seen others have nor should I really call it a collection since I do plan to build them. Lets call them my "Stash" I like to think of it as something to do for when I retire, even if that is no where near to happening... I am lucky to have a wife that accepts me for who I am, a styrene addict.. Now I dont splurge and pay up the ass for kits like my others do. I shop around and look for deals, sometimes I just happen to be in the right place at the right time. Some are rare and hard to find, so when a good deal pops up on them, I try to buy it.

It's been discussed on several forums at different times. Is it hoarding, collecting or an addiction?? You be the judge.

My wife got me this one. Weld MKII. Im a Toyota nut, so she knew I would like this one.


Italeri Volvo. Found this one at a swapmeet at a good deal. It has some decent details. I couldn't find much about it online, but I have a buddy working on getting me some intel about it. This one is screaming for a ground scrapping lowereing and some wide, deep offset wheels.


Aoshima AE86 LEVIN. These are a "must have" kits for the AE enthusiast. Great details inside and out. This one comes with Buddy Club P1 wheels and working suspension.


A Bandai CORONA MKII. Now this is a jem in my 1/20 scale finds. This one is brand new and complete. It comes with full engine detail, opening doors and trunk. I got this one from a forum member for a great deal. It still even has the original price tag. 1,200 yen...that would be around 15 bucks, man I wish I was around for that.


Picked this one and the civic from Pegasus Hobbies in Montclair at their montly meet.
My uncle had a chevy van when I was a kid. It did not look like this, but it was pretty nice either way. Im thinking J-tin support van... =)
AMT reissued this kit along with many others. I read great reviews on it and had to get one.


Tamiya Mugen Civic is a reissue. It's a kit I have wanted for quit sometime, but they were going for like 60+ on ebay. Good thing I waited. It's a must have for any race car enthusiast.


These next 5 kits I got from a fellow modeler. killer deal for these, again right place, right time.
Revell 62 Impala. Brand new and still sealed. Nothing real special about it, other than the fact that I got it for more than half the retail price. Low Rider anyone?? Will be the first in over a decade.


Aoshima Blitz R32 4door Skyline. I like this one a lot, especially the driver Ken Nomura. It's been started already, but it's complete. The paint job looks good and the decals have been applied already. All it really needs is clear coat. Am I going to finish whats been started?? I don't think so, but if I change my mind all credits will be appliled properly.


This Revell Golf kit is still intact and complete. Im no Euro guy, but after seeing Raess' Golf builds I felt like adding at least one to my display.


Now these 2 Intergras were out of the box and thrown into a zip lock bag. They are from Revell "Street Tuner" series. They seem to be complete as far as I can tell. One of them is started already, doesn't look too bad either. I had bought this kit when it first came out. I was pretty disappointed with it and well got rid of it, now I have 2...Hey, it was 2 for way more than half the retail price. But what to do, what to do?? Stance? HellaFlush? Drag?


So two things to think about. It's not the end of the month and you have not seen my collection, what comes to mind when you see this?? Hoarder or an addiction to styrene/plastic??

Thanks for stopping by. Stay tuned for "New Supplies: 2012" and a complete view of my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment