Sunday, January 1, 2012

Builder Spot Light: Robin and his SSS 510

Last month I posted a teaser pic of a 510 chillin in the corner of a shop diorama. I also mentioned that Raees Amien was going to take some pics of this Datsun. Well here it is and I gotta say, it looks tastey. for anyone that loves old school J-tin this one does not disappoint. lowered stance, chocolate covered paint job with some old school body tuning can give you a cavity. Robin has done a fantastic job on this build, heres a bit of detail about both Robin and his 510

"I started building kits approximately 9 years ago, it all started with a civic ferio (hasegawa) that my brother bought for me for my birthday (i still have this kit), this also fueled my liking for japanese cars and due to this kit i bought me an actual civic ferio lol.

What inspires me is the japanese car culture and not the hellaflush and american scene but purely what rolls on the streets of japan (gonna go live there one day lol)

As for the kit its a hasegawa bluebird sss...

- sprayed it the datsun brown (dont remember the code)
- ssr sharkstars with hippari tyres
- scratch built front lip/spoiler
- hasegawa rally datsun sss overfenders
- carpets inside
- seat belts with seat belt buckles
- "leathered" the seat (using electrical tape)
- lowered the suspension (wheels still turn left to right)

Thats it basically, awesome kit and i amazed myself with the detail lol."










All pics were taken by Raees Amien for Robin


I just love that old schoo vibe. the color combos are spot on and the paint is just beautifully done. gotta love the JNC (Japanese Nostalgic Car) decal on the window as well. real sublte, but cool

Thanks for stopping buy and have a Happy New Year.

1 comment:

  1. Very, very cool project I like simplicity of this style. Nice job and custom work car looks super

    ReplyDelete