Thursday, August 18, 2011

Builder Spotlight: Andy AKA MICRO

Andy is a adminisitrator/caretaker/overlooker/"post whore" O_o......well, he's MICRO on the SPC(Scaled Plastic Cars) forum. to me, he's on the top 5 for nicest guys on a forum list. not only is he helpful on the forum, he is also a great builder and has an extensive list of completed builds of all sorts, euro, exotics, j-tin, military and motorcycles to name a few.

Although Andy is pretty much on the other side of the world(Blackpool-UK), getting to know him on the forum has been a pleasure. here are some words from the man himself and and the top 3 builds I chose to show.

Andy says:
"Ever since I was 11 yrs old I have suffered with a disease known as Ankylosing Spondilitis (AS). This has affected my life alot. It means that often I am unable to do everyday chores or work or do ordinary things, I had both Hips replaced when I was 19-20 yrs old, both are now Titanium.. My illness has also caused alot of damage to my spine and although I am able to walk, I use a walking stick and I am in pain alot of the time.. because of this situation I spend alot of time looking after my kids and wife. I stay at home so this means I have looked at a hobby to keep me occupied and active. I have always been an artistic and practical person and I love repairing and working with my hands. I have chosen modelling as my hobby because I like to learn about automobiles while I build.People often do not believe me when I say I don't know a thing about cars, but it is true.

Steve Hemming (Hiroboy) gave me the opportunity to look after SPC instead of closing it down,which helps to keep me motivated.I have always liked to help others in anyway I can.

My inspiration comes from my health situation and my religion, I believe effortless effort is the best means to live a good life and build nice m
odels.

yours truely

Andy"

Now, if this does not inspire one to build, then I don't know what will

This camaro is my favorite, it's just bad ass american muscle.










All pics were taken by Andy and used with his permission.


So, what can I say. if it wasn't for Andy, we would not have that great forum that supports this hobby.
What forum you ask???

http://forum.spc.org.uk

Wish to see some more of Andy's (MICRO) work, join the forum and check out his bio on this link

http://forum.spc.org.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=14960

Thank you Andy and thanks for hangin out here.


No comments:

Post a Comment