Monday, August 22, 2011

An F'ed up way to end a good day

The GOOD part:

Well, I just wanted to share a way that a good day can end badly.
August 21, Sunday morning. I wake up to take my 85 Corolla to get it's rear axle bearings replaced at Sonora Tires shop in Bloomington. after 2 years of grinding/growling noise, I thought it was about time. it was going smoothly until we pulled the axles out. now take this in mind, it's the first time I actually replace these on any Corolla i have owned. so i was a bit surprised. the bearings i had ordered were the wrong ones. too small, waaay too small. so I gave the guys I bought them from a call and  mention to them that I ordered them a few months ago and that they were the wrong size. right away he says that they were boxed incorrectly and that I can send them back, but being that I had need them that day, he said I can pick them up. GREAT! I said. so my nephew and I made the trek down to Costa Mesa. once we get to RPM motorsports, the guys gave us the correct parts hassel free. not only that, but they were a better brand than the incorrect ones.

The BAD part:

So, we get back to bloomington and get back to work on the Corolla. we get done at 3pm on the dot! closing time for the shop... I get home to find that one of the neighbors was having a kids party. so the lot is full and I had nowhere to park but on the street. deep down inside I felt as if I shouln't have. it was roughly about 3:30pm when I park. I go inside take a shower, sit for a bit with my kids and then my door bell rings, at about 4:15ish. it's my neigbor, he comes to tell me that some kids found my car with it's window busted out...instantly I get upset. so I go to see what damage they did.
they attempted to steal the stereo, but only managed to bend the brackets, broke the pocket underneath it and the stero housing as well was damaged, so its a bit bent up. then it dawned on me that I had my tools in the trunk, cause I worked on my car earlier, so I popped it open and GONE! about 95% of my tools just gone, over $1000 worth due to there being a mixture of Snap-on and Matco tools along with some other inexpensive ones, but what brought it up was that my Blue-Point impact gun was in there as well. luckily that was all i really had of worth in there and the whole car wasn't taken.

I filed a police report, but I know nothing will come out of it. some kids saw some guys standing next to my car, but weren't sure they were the ones to do it....so it sucks. I was hoping they saw something. it was broad fucking day light, somone had to see something. but people just don't give a fuck now adays.

Lesson I learned: Next time my gut tells me not to do something, DON'T!!

Although they are material things and can be replaced with time and money, they WERE important to me and held some value to me cause some were gifts given to me by my wife, friend, uncle and mom.
for those of you who might think, "big deal they were just tools" well, let it happen to you(not that I would wish that upon you), be it small things or bigger things, any kind of theft is just something that doesn't feel right.  

A car is defenseless no matter what. a car alarm can only do so much but ill be getting one though, might get one with a custom siren so I can recognise it when it goes off. who knows. I won't be leaving anything of value in the car anymore, not even for a minute!

I really hope whome ever did it gets caught at some point and has the book of law thrown at them.
I believe in KARMA, it does come bite you in the ASS at some point and I hope it happens to them.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment