Thursday, August 11, 2011

RODDIN' 32' FORD

Im not all about J-Tin. I am and all around car guy. so this is why I decided to start building one of these.
Its a 1932 Ford "Vicky" made by AMT/ERTL. fairly old and low count on parts by todays standards. other than the sink marks everywhere and flash on about all the gray parts, it's an ok kit. after some cleanging it can be nice.

I have taken this one and turned it into what i would like to call a muscle rod. it's not a traditional hot rod and not a complete rat rod. its not going to have a "show" paint job, but it's not going to have fully rotted panels. its low to the ground, chopped top and some balls as well.

I used a Ford Flattie V8 with a Weiand blower with dual stromberg carbs. the rear of the frame has been Z'ed and extended along with pushing the front suspension in front of the frame it gives it a longer wheel base. putting it this low, I also had to cut out the floorboard to raise the driveline up. this of course will be covered by some panels and a tunnel. for the wheels, I used some deep cragar style on the rear with some pie crust slicks and for the front I used shallow cragar style with pie crust treaded tires. it's currently been shot with primer to find the flaws, has putty and some sanding. still a bit to go. I plan to put drum brakes on all 4 corners, bomber style seats and a custome gas tank. that's about it for now.

Enjoy the pics








1 comment:

  1. I liek all custom work here and big attention for details same work on engine .. great to see somethin like this If U have time visit my blog with my plastic cars

    ReplyDelete