Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Itasha Style AE86 N2

Being an AE86 owner for a little over a decade I have seen plenty of different styles used on this chassis. everything from garage queens to full blown drift and track cars. the one that calls my attention the most is the N2 corolla with a full roll cage, high reving 4AG's, suspension mods from hell and of course the agressive wide body kit. it is one of the cars that any AE86 lover would love to have in their stable.

Now thanks to Aoshima, we can build these N2 kits in scale form. this one built by Henry is in a different game of its own. also being and ae86 owner he built his in Itasha style and i gotta say it looks pretty bad ass. using the decals of Hatsune Miku and some of his own this N2 LEVIN stands agressive and ready for the battle at Tsukuba.

Heres a bit about Henry and some pics of his masterpiece.

"About myself:
You can write my first name, it's Henry.
I've been making car models for over 10 years but not very seriously until recently.
My main interest is with Japanese vehicles.
One thing is, I'm never able to build anything OOB, one thing always need to another.

Thanks again for featuring my model.

Henry

About the model, I've written the technical details in my thread on SPC:
Progress thread is here:
http://forum.spc.org.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17195
(for the forum, you would need to register to view..)

End product is a bit rough, but I'm satisfy with the result.
Decals were a pain in the @$$ to apply, but turned out ok, I guess.

Base kit: Aoshima 1/24 TRD AE86 Levin N2 Race car
Wheels: Fujimi Longchamp XR-4 + Aoshima tires
GT-wing: Scale Auto Style - Vortex Type 1 3D photo etched GT-wing
Decals: Good Smile Racing - Hatsune Miku 1/24 Decal 01 + TRD AE86 Levin N2 Race car decals + various home made decals
Other modification: Tinted kouki (late model) white line tail lights, front carbon fiber splitter, changed side exiting exhaust pipe to rear exiting.
Concept:
This Levin is a mix of Japan's Itasha culture and the heritage of AE86 N2 racing cars.
I choose this car as a base mainly due to having a real AE86, and thus have a large stock pile of 1/24 AE86s lying around."







All pictures are sole property of Henry.


Thank you Henry for letting me feature your LEVIN. hope to see some more from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment