Monday, August 1, 2011

L.A. RISING July, 30th 2011


One word: DAMN! Saturday, July 30th marks the day of all days for me.
When I first heard that RAGE was going to have a concert, I said "fuck! I need to GO!, not want but NEED!" as soon as tickets went on sale, I jumped online to buy tickets. 2 months of waiting and anticipating for that day to come. as the day got closer and closer, my excitment was increasing, adrenalin rushing and rage bumping.

L.A. Rising Festival was held at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (home of the USC Trogans) and for those of you that absolutely love Rage Against The Machine (RATM/RAGE) you would have done anything to go to this festival. there were people coming in from all over the world. I met guys from san diego, mexicali, and arizona. also saw some people come in from Florida, Canada, Nevada, and even New York, over hearing some that flew in from as far as Norway, Spain and Japan! also playing with RATM was Muse, Rise Against, MS. Lauren Hill, Immortal Technic and El Gran Silencio.

Although the acctual concerts started at 3pm, people were lined up the night before. these were the ones in general admission. general admission was on the football field. divided into 9 sections to keep some crowd control. there was plenty of food, beer and well, people..90,000 from what I heard. cops were everywhere and security on the field was high as well. luckily we had seats where the 50 yard line would be and up about another 20-30 yards up. honestly not a bad view. I was just stoked that I was going to get to see RAGE.
Of course I took my camera, took plenty of pics, but the guys next to me kept knudging me and messing with my long exposer shots. so I tried my best.






Several hundred people still showing up, by the time we arrived, Rise Against had just finished. we can hear them as we were waiting to get into the parking lot.
Muse, was next and I gotta say, they fucking ROCK! some great stuff from them. I would not mind seeing them as well.











BUT! When RAGE started up with the siren alarm, we knew were in for a show! They opened with "Testify", goosebumps and adrenalin running through my viens...even though, even though, they had sound problems.....twice. it was still a great start to an awesome show!
RAGE closed out the show with "killing in the name"Fists pumping in the air screaming out "fuck you i wont do what you tell me!" I swear, it could have started a fucking riot, but no the people maintained themselfs and nothing bad happened.
















ALL photos were taken by Luis Aguilar. DO NOT use with out permission first

RAGE closed out the show with "killing in the name"Fists pumping in the air screaming out "fuck you i wont do what you tell me!" I swear, it could have started a fucking riot, but no the people maintained themselfs and nothing bad happened.

I am very, very, very happy with seeing both Muse and RAGE, altough going to the whole festival would have also been great, we couldn't, family first. who knows when RAGE will play next, but I will make damn sure to make out again.

Much love for RAGE wish to see you guys again.

Stay tuned for some black and whites pics and pics of a couple of mosh pits that insued a bit of anarchy..

No comments:

Post a Comment