Karl took the Tamiya skyline and released it's inner beast by cutting open the hood and slapping an RB26 engine from the Tamiya R32 kit. Why Tamiya didn't do this to the R33 and R34 is quit odd, but when you see somone take the time to scratchbuild an engine bay for one of these all you can do is appreciate the beauty. There are plenty of scratchbuilt and modified parts along with a small list of aftermarket support to bring it to life. The side skirts and front lip are all cusom made and wrapped in carbon decal along with the B-pilar and OEM wing. Tucked under the wheel arches are a set of NISMO LM-GT wheels wrapped in Bridgestone tires. Behind those wheels lye some slotted rotors with OEM Nissan 4 piston front calipers and 2 piston rear calipers, enough to bring this beast to a stop. Pop open the hood and you'll see a very clean RB26 with a single turbo chillin on it's side. Just about everything you see under the hood is scratchbuilt. Although you can see it, the interior recieved the same treatment. It is nicely detaild with harness bars, race harness and a pair of Bride seats. As for the paint job, DO I really need to say anything??? simply beautiful.
A few details of the Dragon.
Colour: Nissan AH3 Red Pearl Metallic with 2K clear
- Hobby Design HD02-0146 photo-etched set
- Modified lower part of front bumper
- Custom front splitter and new side-skirt lips
- Custom built rear bumper
- Exhaust modified to a single turbo with a new stainless-steel tip
- Tamiya Nissan Skyline RB26 engine from an R32 GT-R kit
- Scratch-built engine bay
- Scratch-built intercooler pipes, turbo, strut brace and air cleaner
- Model Scientists Bride Vorga seats and Tamiya Nismo Steering wheel
- Scratch-built harness bar behind front seats
- Aber photo-etched seat belt accessories with Tuner Model green harness
- Detailed Tamiya Nismo LMGT-4 rims with Tuner Model air valves
- Tamiya Bridgestone tires from a Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R
- Scale Motorsport carbon fibre decal applied to spoilers and window pillars
- Japanese tax disc and parking sticker from an Aoshima decal sheet
After 8 months in the making, it was about time to take it out of the garage!"
ALL PICTURES BELONG TO KARL B.
So I hope you enjoyed this beauty/beast as much as I did. I know several judges at a show/competition local to Karl enjoyed it, they enjoyed it so much that they awarded Karl for it.
Thanks for stopping by.