Monday, April 23, 2012

Shakotan Celica Update: Some Paint!

So after debating on what type of paint job I wanted to go with, I decided to go with a bright white base coat and some patterns in baby blue and dark blue. There might be a fourth color, but I am not 100% sure just yet. This style is found mostly bosozoku cars, but you can also find it on some of the shakotan rides as well. These paint schemes are similar to the ones you will find on old and new race cars. Some of the most popular patterns are the Falken tires patterns found on there drift cars and Advan Racing patterns. I think my next build will get the Adavan pattern.

So far I have the white base with pattern "phase 1" in baby blue. It's far from perfect as its the first time I put patterns onto a build. In a couple of days masking for "phase 2" will go on. It's the first time that I add patterns onto any build. I have done two-tones before, but nothing like this so it's far from perfect. There are a couple of spots that need touch up, but not just yet since most of those spots will get covered by the next color.




I know it's only a few pics and the last 2 pics are smaller, thats because I took them with my phone. It's all I had time for. So stay tuned for my next update on my Mark 2.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment