Saturday, March 3, 2012

Lexus LFA: The White Pearl

I dub this one "The White Pearl" It's Tamiyas Lexus LFA built by Mark D. Jones AKA: Scale-Master. And yes, that name fits him perfectly. I can honestly say that there is no blog big enough to fit the artwork Mark brings to the table. Everything from 1/64 Hotwheels to big scale 1/16, 1/12 ect.....This man has done them all. He makes his own decals and hand makes several parts from aluminum, stainless steel, steel, brass, copper, resin and plastic, hell even crazy glue....(shocked) There is nothing(as far as I can see) that he can not do. paint jobs are also amazing.

This time around he has tackled Tamiya's new LFA kit. One of the best companies brings you this beauty that is about 99.99% flawless from what I have seen. Mark detail painted just about every single part with perfect excecution. Plenty of details that are sadly hidden by panels. The drivetrain is detailed to where it looks like the real thing. The interior looks really comfy for those moments of taking it to top speed and the carbon fiber wrapped wing and roof gives this already edgey sports car a razor sharp look.

Here are just a few progress shots of his build.

Enjoy.

"The exhaust is called out to be assembled after being fed through the rear cross member leaving a seam to be dealt with on one of the exhaust pipes. But if you only cement the pipe together (see seam on lower pipe about a third of the way in front of the muffler) and do not cement them together just behind the catalytic converters, you can squeeze them though the cross member after fully finish painting them."







"The screens are mostly PE (except the two main rear vents, although they have little PE parts in them) and are very well done, both in look and fit. They are very delicate too, but a light touch and you’ll have no problems. The lights also fit excellently and are engineered to make installation relatively easy."














All picture are the sole property of Mark D. Jones

"This was one of the most enjoyable models I have ever built. (And I have built thousands.) Fit and engineering are superb; a highly recommendable kit. I was able to build this in less than two weeks, start to finish.
The rear wing can be displayed up or down. I like that option, but in the end I like the look of it in the down position.
I went with the flat black wheels because the silver plating looked too toy-like with this color scheme.
WIP Thread:
http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54212&hl=&fromsearch=1 "

I have seen several LFA builds and I gotta say, this one is by far my favorite. This brings my excitment level a bit higher for when I have to tackle this kit.

Thanks for stopping by.

Stay tuned for WIP's from myself and a couple of other forum members that have gotten my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment