Thursday, September 1, 2011

Update: Ford Vicky has some paint

Well I have been a bit lazy lately. I havent been to the workdesk in a few days. we have a 3 day weekend coming up for Labor day and I certainly hope to get something done. whether it's to clean and organize my stuff or build some more?? hmmm, we'll see.

A couple of nights ago I did hit the desk for a bit. I decided to paint the body. now take into mind that this is not a rat rod or a show rod, so the paint might look a bit clean at the moment. it's all I really did.

First I laid some primer the night before. then I went ahead and sprayed some Tamiya Black(x-14) I like the Tamiy line, they are easy to use and dry quickly. so while it was drying, I grabbed my airbrush and some Alclad steel. shook it and pourd some into the jar. about 10 minutes later I shot the alclad. it came out pretty nice I think.






At the moment the paint looks like a metallic gray, but it's suppose to be the color of bare, raw steel before it gets hit with a grinder or sanding pad/disc.

Stay tuned for more, for the next update will have the body looking a bit weathered and some surface rust as well.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment